The August meeting for SCORE volunteers included a brief presentation on how to use ZOOM.
Now volunteers can practice what they learned before going "live" with a one-on-one client mentoring session.
[Step 1] Join a meeting that Rick sets up during the week. You do NOT need a ZOOM account to do this.
[Step 2] You set up a meeting and invite Rick. You'll need access to the SCORE Zoom account.
Please write Rick.Jaggers@SCOREVolunteer.org
Here is a 53-second video that shows how to connect:
How ZOOM benefits SCORE Volunteers:
- You log into ZOOM, schedule a meeting, then send out invitations.
- Clients connect through their browser.
- You can share your desktop. (Lean canvas, perhaps)
- Your client can share their desktop.
- If your client shares their computer screen, then you can look over their shoulder while they run the mouse/keyboard.
- The SCORE account allows unlimited sessions between two or more people.
- A SCORE mentor may bring in a 2nd mentor
- A client may include a key employee or a business partner at a different location.
- Your SCORE client will learn is how easy it is to use zoom, and perhaps they will want to open a free account for their business to connect to their customers.
This was such a good idea that someone suggested making that I offer it to everyone else, too!