My take-aways from this particular workshop are summarized below.
Get your own domain name, find a web host provider, and install Wordpress. (For those of you who attended my own presentation at the Greenhouse the prior week, this falls under "Internet Planning.")
Use Wordpress themes. There are lots of free, no-cost themes available through wordpress.org plus commercially supported themes such as:
Use Wordpress plugins, such as:
- Online Backup
- Yoast SEO
- NextGen Gallery
The front page of your website:
- Use a page name different from "home"
- Show that you are  Smart  Helpful and  Available
- Identify and resonate with your target market
- Show 1-3 benefits of working with you
- What do you want your web visitors to do next?
- Stock exchange - www.sxc.hu